Thursday, June 26, 2008

Names Sumitted at Last

last night I finally sent off the three names I have chosen to represent our new clinic. These are to be searched by the office of the Secretary of State here in California and a form will be returned to inform us if they are available. If one or more is available, then we are set to reserve a name, and file Articles of Incorporation.

Here are the three names in the order of choice:
a. The Healing Point: A Community Clinic and Wellness Center
b. Cotati's Living Tree Community Clinic and Wellness Center
c. South County community Clinic and Wellness Center

Folks have been bringing articles from newspapers from around the State. It seems that all of us now are talking about Community, and exploring what it means to grow food, work, and live locally. It is funny, isn't it, that as a society we have lost much of the knowledge of how to do this, even though we have been using oil on an everyday basis for only a few generations.... But if we knew it so recently, we can learn again. There is a lot about this that is exciting. Positive.

I have myself both seen and experienced fear about this, but I know that if we learn to work together on this, we will be fine. Change can be scary and it can be exciting. I am looking forward to what I see as my part in this, helping my community to explore ways of localizing health care. I can see that creative responses to the challenges that are in front of us will not land in our laps. This is up to us. And this is what makes it exciting, I think. This is a big chance to take back or lives, to take back having a direct effect on the future of our planet, and on the people who will be here after us




l

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home